Deputy Head Teacher
Date posted: Start date: 1st June 2020 or TBA
Contract type and term: 27.5 Hours, Full Time and Permanent
Salary Scale: Leadership Scale Group 3, L13 - L17
Salary: £62,968 - £68,663 per annum
Wormholt Park Primary is a two-form entry primary school with a full-time nursery situated near White City, W12. Our aim is not only that every child in the school will achieve their academic best – we also want to ensure that they enjoy the journey getting there. We maintain a strong focus on providing a stimulating and exciting curriculum, with lots of opportunities to learn outside the classroom. Our ethos – based on our gold UNICEF Rights Respecting School accreditation - places a focus on developing pupils’ tolerance and understanding of others and equipping them for life in a diverse and rapidly changing society.
The school is seeking to appoint a talented, dedicated and inspirational Deputy Head Teacher to our senior leadership team. We have an amazing team who work hard for the pupils and each other; we also have wonderful, enthusiastic children who love to learn and have fun.
Do you have strong leadership skills, a love for learning, an understanding of appropriate challenge, an eye for opportunities and high expectations and standards for all?
If the answer to this question is YES then Wormholt Park Primary School would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding teacher with proven leadership skills
- Have a clear vision which inspires colleagues and pupils
- Challenge expectations to raise standards of achievement and progress for all pupils
- Have a track record of successfully leading continuous school improvement
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Curriculum Development - fostering an inclusive and forward looking curriculum in order to improve outcomes and progress for all our pupils
- Innovation in school culture, climate and attitudes to learning
- Performance management reviews, school improvement and self-evaluation
- Planning strategically for inclusive teaching and learning
- Experience as Safeguarding Lead
- Be a qualified SENCO
We welcome informal visits from prospective applicants for a tour of the school and an initial conversation with upcoming Head Teacher. Please contact Kim Taylor, Senior Administrator; telephone: 0208 743 5073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00pm, Friday, February 28th 2020
Interviews will be held week beginning Monday, March 2nd 2020